Hi, I’m Ian.
I am an experienced entrepreneur and executive, who is also a filmmaker and photographer.
I am a
Creative Technology Executive with over 26 years in Information Technology. A consistent track record of improving profitability and technology for companies that are in the startup and early growth phases. An innovative leader, skilled in strategic planning, technology business development, software, service design, and strategy. Partners with leadership teams and collaborates effectively across organizations. Adept at budgeting, communications, and building focused teams.
As a CTO and VP, I
Oversaw and led the technical vision, growth, and strategy; led design and innovation of a low code software as a service platform; responsible for technology spending and budget; applied a creativity-based philosophy to product innovation and strategy; managed and mentored a diverse and talented team which led product architecture, software development, and technical operation; responsible for ensuring client functionality was delivered with the right technology and experiences; promoted a design culture and methodology focused on user experience and value.
As a Director of Products, I&D, and R&D, I
Directed a creative, collaborative environment to produce dozens of applications; managed staff, budget, and scope of several major projects annually; designed, invented, and co-invented low-code software as a service platform and features; oversaw design philosophy and vision.
As a Senior Technical Consultant, Project Manager, and Business Analyst I
- was responsible for software design, business analysis, relationship management, and project management duties of large contracts in health care, satellite and government industries.
- had partnered with Killick Health (GFW) Psychiatrists to design an early prototype of Mental Health Diagnosis and Waiting List Optimization software as a service application.
- led project management, business analysis, and design of several Electronic Medical Record modules in $50 million General Electric and Xwave partner health care initiative to introduce EMR Software as a Service product to the Province of Ontario.
As a Programmer I
- am self-taught, starting at 12 years old, and educated in Management Information Systems at 21 years old.
- sold commercial education software at 19 to the provincial school board, in a company I co-founded.
- Programmed SaaS web applications for staff of 250+ Marketing Firms for transcription and purchase orders.